IBM Announces 4Q16, Full Year 2016 Financial Results
IBM announced its full year 2016 and 4Q2016 earnings this afternoon.
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations: GAAP of $4.73; Operating (non-GAAP) of $5.01
- Revenue from continuing operations of $21.8 billion
- Strategic imperatives revenue for full-year 2016 of $32.8 billion up 13 percent (up 14 percent adjusting for currency) represents 41 percent of IBM revenue
- Cloud revenue of $13.7 billion for full-year 2016, up 35 percent
- — Cloud as-a-service annual exit run rate of $8.6 billion at year end, up 61 percent year to year (up 63 percent adjusting for currency)
- 2017 EPS Expectations: GAAP of at least $11.95; Operating (non-GAAP) of at least $13.80
IBM CEO and Chairman Ginni Rometty had this to say about the quarter and years’ results:
“In 2016, our strategic imperatives grew to represent more than 40 percent of our total revenue and we have established ourselves as the industry’s leading cognitive solutions and cloud platform company,” said Ginni Rometty, IBM chairman, president and chief executive officer. “IBM Watson is the world’s leading AI platform for business, and emerging solutions such as IBM Blockchain are enabling new levels of trust in transactions of every kind. More and more clients are choosing the IBM Cloud because of its differentiated capabilities, which are helping to transform industries, such as financial services, airlines and retail.”
You can see the full details here.