Next Gen Web Analytics
Just got off a Webcast entitled “Next Generation Web Analytics,” and presented by Forrester’s John Lovett, whom had somehow had escaped my radar.
Though the Webcast didn’t cover the Unica Insight tool in any detail, it did provide an excellent overview of how organizations need to evolve and adapt if they’re to fulfill the promise of customer intelligence that can be delivered via the Web digital footprint.
The net? (My interpretation):
- Web analytics made a promise it couldn’t keep…the infinitely measureable Web didn’t materialize.
- Data collection is the root of complexity…Stop digging through the logs, you’re missing the forest for the trees.
- Value is in the empowered interpretation, not the enduring collection, of Web customer intelligence.
- The “action chasm” renders analytics inert. Need to move towards an in-dash navigation.
- Which means more data confidence is required, so folks stop questioning the accuracy and focus on the actionability.
- Orgs need to build a foundation of analytical excellence, which begins with a strategy that evolves out of guiding business objectives.
- Technology is simply the enabling factor.
Smart and somewhat self-evident stuff, but easy to lose sight of in an enterprise with lots of switches, levers, and pilots. : )